Combining My Love of Quilting and Nature

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas Tidings



Like most of you, I was pretty busy during the Holidays--making cookies, wrapping presents, decorating the house and the tree, cooking large dinners both on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day.  But I also managed to make three or four Christmas-themed small quilts.

All three of these quilts were made from commercial patterns and it was enjoyable because I really didn't have to think about it too much.  Low stress for the holidays.  The table runner WAS a little different because the existing pattern was for a tree skirt and I didn't want to make that.  So I just decided how long I wanted the table runner to be and arranged the components from the tree skirt into the new space.  And I really enjoyed using it throughout the Holiday.
The circular deer cutout on the bottom quilt was somewhat more tedious to make because of all the cutting and fusing of one large unit.  However, this is the third time that I've made this particular quilt.  The original pattern does not have the four black corners but I wanted to leave open the option to use it as a wallhanging.
The top quilt I just made because the tree of life appealed to me.  Somebody will probably get it as a present down the road.  The fourth quilt I made went out as a present before I got a picture taken.  So--for now--I'm finished with my Christmas marathon.   Next up?  I'm beginning work on an original piece which I'll post as I progress.  Like most of my original quilts, at this point, I have no idea where it will end up--design-wise.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment