Combining My Love of Quilting and Nature

Sunday, October 16, 2016

There can be beauty and art in our food--depending on how you look at it.  Last year, the art group that I belonged to at the time, decided to do a challenge on Structure.   Well, I drew mostly a blank on that one because I don't really like to depict bridges or houses or anything like that in my quilts.  It's just not my thing usually.  So I started thinking smaller and it came to me that the structure of an okra leaf could be interesting--and beautiful.  How often do we stop and think about things like that?  Even though I've grown okra for years in the garden, I don't think that I had looked that closely at one of it's leaves.  Sure, I was familiar with the SHAPE of the leaf--but not it's structure.  So, this is my structure quilt.  I call it Lifelines.  And I'll never look at an okra leaf in the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment