Combining My Love of Quilting and Nature

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Patterns

I received a call from a Guild today that was interested in learning about the patterns I have made that I can use as a class when I visit them.  Unfortunately--or fortunately, depending on how you look at it--I had my computer upgraded today and some things don't work quite right yet--or at least not in a way that I have figured out yet!  So . . .I am doing a roundabout way for now.  Here are some of the patterns that I have designed that I also use to teach at Guilds.  I like to use my patterns as a method for also teaching and improving students skills in appliqué and piecing techniques, color choices and potential quilting designs.
This quilt is Snow Family and has been one of the most popular classes I have taught.    There is a lot of appliqué work but students also learn how to piece a curved seam and checkerboards.
35" x 47"















This is Natural Fibers--a combination of appliqué work and pieced log cabins.  I love making quilts that include log cabin blocks.
41" x 41'


And this is Los Flores del Sol.  Not only does this quilt have appliqué and piecing components, it also has inserting of a circular center.
30" x 30"
















Put Out The Welcome Mat uses the interesting construction method of most of the quilt being fused and sewn down with decorative stitches.  Pineapples often are considered a symbol of welcome.
30" x 30"













Flora Bella--a table runner and placemats.  A simple pieced layout, but graphically dynamic.

















These are the patterns that I am able to post right now.  If you have any questions about any of them, just ask:  judyheyward@gmail.com.  and I'll be glad to answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment