Combining My Love of Quilting and Nature

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Work Progressing

Well, today I got the rest of the applique pieces prepared with Wonder Under, cut out and laid on the background fabric.  At this point, I'm pretty happy with it (but tomorrow is another day--so who knows how I'll feel then!).   If I'm still satisfied, I'll fuse everything down and begin stitching.  Right now, it just feels good to have brought an idea to fruition.
The dead tree represents the drought we are experiencing right now.  Today, I received 4 apple trees that I ordered back before the drought began.  I planted them but it took a maddox to dig through the ground to form the planting hole.  When clay soil is dry--and this was bone dry--a shovel just isn't enough.  I added lots of compost and watered well--and am hoping for the best.
The girl here is standing on really parched ground--and I certainly hope we don't get to that point.  I've been saving water from our dehumidifier to keep these trees healthy.  Rain, of course, would be better but this is better than nothing and I'm grateful that we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment